BIZ - Generic - Top Level Domain - DNS-Stock.com
.BIZ is the world's first Internet-based environment dedicated exclusively to the business community. It promises to be much more than just another domain name. In addition to providing businesses with an enhanced presence on the Web, the .BIZ database platform will soon be able to provide services that more efficiently facilitate commerce across the Internet. Simply put, .BIZ means business.
The .BIZ top level domain will be introduced, November 7, 2001, so there is plenty of new, empty real estate, with excellent names
still available. In .BIZ you can have a domain name that fits your business, idea, information about your main domain, family or other name more closely. Protect your bussiness name, and register the .BIZ domain TLD.
Setup fee: 0 €
Annual fee: 15 €
Renewal fee: 15 €
Modification fee: 0 €
Trade fee: 15 €
Reactivate from quarantine fee: 99€
Supported operations for .BIZ
.biz domains can be registered using the DNS-stock web interface.
The registry however states that a .BIZ Domain can only be used for a bona fide business or commercial use. A bona fide business use is one of the following:
- To exchange goods, services, or property of any kind;
- In the ordinary course of trade or business; or
- To facilitate
- the exchange of goods, services, information, or property of any kind; or,
- the ordinary course of trade or business.
Updates for .biz domains can be processed without any restrictions.
No additional steps required for owner change. A simple update of the contacts in your account will suffice.
Transferring a .biz domain requires an authcode and the following steps will guide you through the procedure:
- Please contact your current registrar to get the authcode for the domain and to make sure the domain is not locked.
Also make sure the email address of the domain owner is still operational as confirmation is requested from that email address.
- Initiate the transfer in your DNS-Stock account providing the transfer authorisation code.
- Confirm the transfer by using the link in the email sent to the current domain owner/admin-c according to the WHOIS.
- Once the transfer is confirmed the procedure will complete within the next 5-10 workdays
Please note that .biz domains cannot be be transferred within a 60 days delay after a new registration or a previous transfer.